mardi 19 mars 2013

Finished Prusa Mendel RepRap



About a year ago I started a Prusa Mendel RepRap, even if it was hard work finding the time and patience to see it completed I'm very much satisfied with the first prints I have been able to make.

 The printer uses 3mm filament and has as an extruder of 0.4mm at the end. The printing volume is around 200x200x100mm. Next step is calibration to have a better quality print because for now it's a little rough but better than my old Makerbot Cupcake CNC.
Here's a link for information about the prusa mendel iteration at the RepRap Wiki page.
http://reprap.org/wiki/Prusa_Mendel_(iteration_2)

I used a Sanguinolulu board bought in kit trough ebay, it's a open hardware device in wich can be mounted 4 polulu stepper controllers, it also has 2 heater outputs, one for the extruder and another one for the heat bed. The temperature is controlled with 2 thermistors 100K, one under the bed and the other directly on the extruder metal block.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.